- Someone who will do whatever it takes: lie, cheat, steal, and whatever else it takes - in order to advance the company's agenda?
- Someone who believes in "the ends justify the means" when it comes to creating shareholder value?
- Someone who places the company's needs above his own personal, family and community needs - "the real company man"?
- Someone who has been instrumental in consistently generating a significant amount of revenues for your organization at the expense of sowing bitterness and division within the ranks?
- Someone who has been instrumental in consistently generating a significant amount of revenues for your organization at the expense of defrauding your customers and/or causing a significant amount of (known or undisclosed) harm to the general public?
- Someone who has been instrumental in consistently generating a significant amount of revenues for your organization at the expense of generating a significant amount of (justified or malicious) blowback from regulators or nefarious forces?
- Someone who is firmly ensconced in the grapevine (a master tattletale) who regularly keeps you informed on the activities of everyone within the upper echelons of your organization?
- Someone with a lot of influential connections that your company has relied upon in order "to fix things or get things done" when external problems arise?
Yet today, this very minute and second as you read this, I consider them all to have been "most harmful" to their organization and mine. Today, my definition of "most loyal" is someone who is "principled" and subscribes to the supreme a priori ethical code: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That is all!
And believe it or not, trying to find such individuals in today's day and age is the equivalent of "looking for a needle in a haystack."
Why the additional 3-month compensation. The additional compensation is designed to cover the length of time that your (to be laid-off) employee will participate in the foregoing fully-paid Virtual Organization Leadership Executive Training, Assessment and Certification program.
At which point, your organization can cease any additional weekly or bi-weekly payroll disbursements; expedite the effective date of termination; and prepare an Official Severance Package for this employee.
An opportunity to become part of a new breed of Virtual Organization Leaders who have been highly trained in all aspects of how to function, operate, thrive, excel, manage and LEAD in both a "Virtual" and "Virtual Organization" Environment in accordance with the virtual organization management discipline pioneered by its founder since 1997.
Virtual Organization Leaders who will live and breathe in a 100% Virtual Organization Environment and form the backbone of an organization's Virtual Organization Leadership Force operating across the globe and able to respond instantly to any Continuity Of Operations Plan scenario (e.g., Pandemics, Natural Disasters, Ransomware Attacks, Attacks on Critical Virtual and Physical Infrastructures, Terror Attacks on Corporate Personnel, etc.)
(See Antidote to Ransomware Attacks: A Virtual Organization COOP Force :: and :: Is Your COOP Strategy Out of Date Or “We’ll Cross That Bridge When We Get There”? for details.)
Virtual Organization Leadership, in partnership with VOMI (Virtual Organization Management Institute) and VOMI Virtual Organization Academy, is the ONLY organization in the world which offers - and is qualified to offer - such virtual organization leadership training and certification.
Moreover, the law of supply and demand says that they will be able to command a Total Annual Compensation Package which far exceeds what they were earning at your organization.
You have given a good 15-20 years of hard work to the company, made quite a few personal sacrifices, have gone Above and Beyond The Call of Duty for your employer, and have never wavered in your devotion to this organization that you have come to consider a second home and family.
Unfortunately, through no fault of your own, the company is left with no other choice but to let go of some of their most valuable, dedicated and cherished employees.
So, like everyone else, there is no denying that it's a traumatic experience, however, you understand that "shit happens" and this is just another challenge that you'll just have to gather the strength to deal with. And hopefully, the standard Employee Severance Package will help you to make it through some of the emotional roller coaster, rough patches and uncertainties which are bound to lie ahead.
But instead of just getting a "going away employment termination" party along with a lot of thank-yous, accolades, some gifts and flowers, and many well-wishes from a bunch of teary-eyed colleagues, while crying along with them, and waiting to receive the Standard Employee Severance Package, your employer decides to surprise you and reciprocate with its very own "Above and Beyond The Call of Duty" gesture.
On your final day of reporting to the corporate office, you learn that your employer has provided you with this "additional 3-month compensation plus a fully-paid Virtual Organization Leadership Executive Training, Assessment and Certification program" that is designed to exponentially increase your chances of finding executive employment anywhere in the world without having to relocate.
Moreover, you discover that such new position would most likely come with a Total Annual Compensation Package which far exceeds what you are now earning.
Think about it! After all, your former employer is the one who introduced you to the world of virtual organizations and paid for your Virtual Organization Leadership Executive training.