Sadly, WE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, have reached a similar point in our "economic" history whereby we've been cowered and living in "economic" fear on a daily basis under a socio-politico-economic system which makes us feel impotent and helpless to do anything about our economic destiny.
- Corporate America sitting on trillions of dollars of cash deposits.
- Wall Street, Standard & Poor's and other credit rating agencies, and economic gurus.
- Our ability to increase the country's debt ceiling so we can continue to dig ourselves deeper and deeper into debt - and thus, be forever beholden to China, Russia, Japan, and the other countries financing our debts.
- The heads of the Federal Reserve and our banks and other financial institutions who frankly aren't sure themselves with respect to what to do for the economy.
- The United States Congress and its bickering politicians putting party, ideology and self-interest ahead of country.
- A Tea Party or some other party.
- Last but not least, a savior President or presidential candidate who will come to us like a knight in shining armor on a white horse in order to rescue us all from this economic abyss.
Enough is enough. It is time to stop this masquerade. The power to rescue the American economy does not come from the top. It does not rest in the hands of Corporate America and politicians of any stripe, persuasion, ideology, or party. Nor does it rest in the hands of Wall Street, OPEC, credit rating agencies, our financial institutions, a new political party, or some white knight in shining armor.
So how can we, the American people, accomplish such a task, you might ask? The answer lies in the hands of approximately 180 million Americans, a figure which includes those who are receiving some form of government assistance. As many visitors on numerous web sites I have visited over the past few days have remarked, we can start with a website that will do the following:
- Identify the companies--from moms-and-pops to conglomerates--that provide a viable product and service; have a successful business model; are doing right by the American people by expanding their business and workforce here in the United States; and rank them in order of "good corporate citizenship" on a list of preferred companies for Americans to do business with.
- Also identify the companies that are sitting on trillions of dollars in cash deposits; refusing to invest in the American economy at a level commensurate with their profits either out of fear, economic incompetence, or poor business leadership; who are expanding their workforce abroad at the expense of Americans living here in the United States due to greed, incompetence, and economic shortsightedness.
- And then rank them in order of "shameful corporate citizenship" on a list of companies to avoid doing business with.
This is a battle for the heart and soul and economic destiny of the American people. Therefore, we cannot afford to entrust the outcome of this battle in the hands of a few people. WE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, can do this on our own and so should we because the only change we can believe in is the change that we can make on our own.
Join us in this battle at VOMI Global Think Tank and Advisory Board and become Sons and Daughters of the Second American Revolution.
on The New Virtual Organization World Consortium
Stock Photo: courtesy of Pixabay
Copyright 2007-2023. Pierre Coupet. VOMI. Virtual Organization Management Institute. Virtual Organization Leadership. Virtual Organization Advisors. Virtual Organization Executives. Blockchain Executives. VOMI Virtual Organization Academy. Virtual Organization Recruiter. VOMI Global Think Tank. All rights reserved. Cannot be reproduced without permission.